Saturday 21 January 2017

Not pitch perfect

Defenders of Roland often point to the work he had carried out on the pitch, but apparently this did not extend to linking up the heating pipes with a boiler. All too expensive for Roland, apparently.

Rick Everitt has tweeted that the club did not take adequate precautions because they underestimated the weather. The postponement could cost tens of thousands of pounds.

I set out early from Warwickshire this morning and was already at Coventry Station by 10 a.m. There had been no hint that a postponement might be possible and I hadn't taken my tablet with me.

I thought that the area around The Valley was quiet and I soon learned about the postponement. I did take a look at the club shop which I thought was uninspiring.

My Voice of the Valley had arrived when I got home. It does have a very interesting story that Roland wants 75 million for Charlton.

As a result of the postponement,Charlton have fallen from 11th to 14th.

Crystal Palace are now in the relegation places, having lost 0-1 at home to Everton. Ademola Lookman looked sharp when he came on and had a shot on target with his first touch, but unfortunately did not score the winning goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment