Sunday 4 September 2011

Cort brings experience

Loan defender Leon Cort thinks that he can bring the voice of reason and experience to Chris Powell's youthful side.  Defenders Michael Morrison, Chris Solly and Rhoys Wiggins are all 23 or younger.

Cort told The League Paper, 'They are good players but they are young so I'll try and use my experience where I can.   I've been promoted before and I know that you just have to stay calm.   If you get too big headed, it can all blow up in your face.'

Cort is expected to start against Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow night (although at whose expense is unclear given that the defence has generally done well so far).  He grew up in Southwark and commented, 'It's brilliant to be where someone wants you.   It's a club with great tradition and history so it was an easy decision to come here.'

No comments:

Post a Comment